Mixed-Use Developments, Hotel Coming To Hillsboro Village
NASHVILLE, Tenn. – A couple went on their first date 50 years ago at a Hillsboro Village landmark. In that time, Nashville has seen a lot of changes.
The Heiden’s said they’d like to see some things in their neighborhood stay the same.
“We both went to Vanderbilt, and we met at Pancake Pantry which was even a different building there. So today we came down here to celebrate our 50th anniversary again!” Barbara Heiden said.
Hillsboro Village will always have a special place in their hearts.
“The first Christmas present I ever bought for Barbara,” Dick Heiden said. “I bought here in the village, and it turned out to be a ceramic frog. And that was 50 plus years ago! And we still have the stupid thing.”
The Heidens have been excited about the new hotel and mixed-use developments.
The new and ongoing projects included:
- “Hopdoddy Burger Bar” has moved into the old Bosco’s building
- Regions Bank on the corner of Wedgewood and 21st Avenue is now connected to a living and commercial space called “V21.”
- “Belcourt Village” will be built across from the Belcourt Theater. Elmington Capital Group sent us a few renderings of the mixed-use development.
- What used to be a nursing home is now apartments at 1710 Belcourt Avenue
- The large gaping hole on 20th Avenue and Belcourt Avenue behind the “Grilled Cheeserie” will be the “Moxy Hotel”
A former councilman was grabbing coffee when he stopped to speak to our reporter about the growth of Hillsboro Village.
“Growth is a double-edged sword,” Jerry Maynard said. “The growth is great. More amenities, more coffee shops, and restaurants, but it’s a double-edged sword.
Maynard said he has been interested to see the final results.
“The pains are we have to be inconvenienced with the traffic, inconvenienced with all the construction,” Maynard said.
Only time will tell whether a short-term pain will turn into a long-term gain.
“It’s just a new little city, and I just love it,” Heiden said.